NEWEST COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATES
As of 2nd May 2022 and 9th May 2022, entry rules for Malta have been relaxed considerably.
- The Passenger Locator Form is no longer needed.
- Masks are no longer mandatory except on flights, hospitals and care homes.
- Red/Dark Red lists no longer apply.
- Incoming tourists travelling to Malta will be allowed in with either a valid vaccine certificate; or a negative PCR test (taken up to 72 hours prior to arrival); or a Rapid Test taken 24 hours prior to arrival; or a recognised Covid recovery certificate which cannot be older than 180 days.
- A valid vaccine certificate is where at least 14 and no more than 270 days have passed since the last dose of the primary vaccination series or if the person has received a booster dose. For persons aged less than 18 years, this validity period is not applicable. Children younger than 6 years are exempt from pre-departure testing requirements.
BOOK SAFELY AND WITH CONFIDENCE
At deReday Holiday Homes, we are constantly adapting to the situation and face the daily challenges the pandemic is throwing at us. We understand the need for our guests to book with confidence and ensure their payment is protected.
All bookings from 25 March 2020 onwards, for any stay with a check-out during 2020, 2021 and 2022 fall under these cancellation terms and conditions. This in addition to our normal terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- Any payments (deposit or full balance) you make can be transferred (by credit/voucher) to another booking up to one year from your original check-out date.
- Original booking can only be transferred in case of travel restrictions* related to COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the same property originally booked. However, we reserve the right to move booking to an equivalent or better property at our discretion.
- Subject to availability.
- Voucher/credit can be transferred to friends and family free of charge. Please contact us to change guests’ names.
- Stay rules, seasonal rates, etc for new bookings are to be respected.
- Guests must pay any difference in price should booking total be more than the voucher/credit value.
- No refunds are to be given if the voucher/credit value is higher than the new booking total.
- Vouchers/credit cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Any extras offered in your original booking are subject to availability.
- Whilst we are taking every care to provide you with clean and safe accommodation, it’s your responsibility to ensure you adhere to the health authorities’ social distancing and other guidelines.
- You will be required and responsible to provide all guest details on booking, failure to do so will cause your booking to be ineligible for Covid-19 Cancellation Terms
- These terms are valid for new bookings confirmed as from 25 March 2020 onwards. We will review these dates on an ongoing basis.
* Travel restrictions are defined as follows
- Mandatory quarantine/lock-down measures in Malta and/or guests’ home country.
- No operating flights from guests’ home country to Malta.
You can read our full booking terms and conditions here.