BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A 35% non-refundable payment is due immediately upon booking. The remaining balance is due no later than 30 days prior to arrival. If, at the time of booking, your stay is less than 30 days away the full amount is due. All payments made are non-refundable.
A refundable damages deposit is due no later than 48 hours prior to check in.
Should you ‘’the booker’’ fail to follow terms and conditions and their respective due dates you will have forfeited the booking in all its entirety without further notification and reminders; it is your responsibility to ensure sufficient funds are available for transactions and that they are received on time. We will then have the full right to try to re-book dates to other guests at our discretion.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR BOOKING
- The prices as displayed on our website are inclusive of VAT.
- Self-catering occupation of the accommodation as described in the individual accommodation description.
- Bed linen and bath towels. It is not permitted to use bath towels for the pool or beach.
- Utilities such as water, electricity and gas. Air-conditioning will carry pay-per-use charges unless expressly specified that it is included in the cost.
- Weekly maid service is included in some accommodations, in others this may be an optional extra service.
You may cancel your booking once it has been confirmed but the instructions will only be valid if put in writing, either by email or post. All payments made, be that of the deposit and the remaining balance, are strictly non-refundable.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION TERMS
Bookings made from 25 March 2020 onwards fall under these cancellation terms and conditions.
- Any payments (deposit or full balance) you make can be transferred (by credit/voucher) to another booking up to one year from your original check-out date.
- Original booking can only be transferred in case of travel restrictions* related to COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the same property originally booked. However, we reserve the right to move booking to an equivalent or better property at our discretion.
- Voucher must be used within one year of the original check-out date.
- Subject to availability.
- Voucher can be transferred to friends and family. Please contact us to change guests’ names.
- Stay rules, seasonal rates, etc for new bookings are to be respected.
- Guests must pay any difference in price should booking total be more than voucher value.
- No refunds are to be given if voucher value is higher than the new booking total.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Any extras offered in your original booking are subject to availability.
- Whilst we are taking every care to provide you with clean and safe accommodation, it’s your responsibility to ensure you adhere to the health authorities’ social distancing and other guidelines.
- These terms are valid for new bookings confirmed from 25 March 2020 onwards.
* Travel restrictions are defined as follows
- Mandatory quarantine/lock-down measures in Malta and/or guests’ home country.
- No operating flights from guests’ home country to Malta.
Guests are required to provide their details in the party details section. Should this information not be fully filled within 48 hours of placing your booking, your booking will not qualify for covid cancellation terms, no exception.
A refundable damages deposit of EUR300 to EUR500 is due no later than two (2) days before the check-in date and shall be kept by deReday Holiday Homes for the duration of your stay. It will be returned within five (5) days after check out if no deductions are to be made. When expecting the refund, please allow for a few days until payment is cleared by your card company or bank. Any damages/deductions that are higher than the damages deposit held by deReday must be paid in full by the guest.
The number of guests staying at the property must never exceed the number of guests on your booking. Any breach of this condition will result in the immediate termination of your stay and forfeiture of the security deposit. No refund will be given for any unused nights.
Smoking is not allowed in the property. Smoking on the outside of the property is allowed. Cigarette butts are to be disposed of properly and not thrown away on pool decking, garden, plants, etc.
Pets are accepted on an ‘on request’ basis. Kindly contact us prior to booking to check if we accept pets at your preferred accommodation. For those properties where we accept pets, we reserve the right to increase the security/damages deposit held. Pets are not allowed to sit/sleep on sofas and beds, and guests must provide sleeping cots to their own pets. Should a pet be found on the property without our permission in writing, damages deposit will be forfeited, and owner/owners of pets will be asked to leave the property immediately and no compensation will be given under any circumstances.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
Check-in time is no earlier than 16:00, while check out time is not later than 10:00. While these are our standard times we reserve the right to make any necessary changes to these times according to the property requirements. Should you have different check-in/check-out requirements, please let us know and we will try to be flexible, depending on availability.
INDEMNITY & LIABILITY
The Guest is responsible for their own travel/health insurance. deReday Holiday Homes, their representatives and employees shall not be held responsible in any way for accidental injury, death or damage/loss to personal effects of the Guest. The Guest is responsible for damages caused in the property including those caused indirectly through negligence and including those which exceed the security/damages deposit amount, fair wear and tear excluded.
You accept full responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid directly to us at the time. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any legal costs we incur in full in recovering full payment from you.
We expect all our guests to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion, you or any member of your party behaves in a way such as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to the property we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the occupation of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s). No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred by yourself as a result of the termination.
DUTY OF CARE
You shall make use of the property with the care and diligence of a ‘bonus paterfamilias’ and allow no damage (either directly or through negligence) to the property. The Lead Guest shall promptly notify us of any condition such as (but not limited to) adverse weather that may adversely affect the Accommodation as well as take prompt action to ensure that contents forming part of the accommodation are secure. All trash and perishables must be disposed of and dishes cleaned prior to your departure.
We strive to keep our accommodation as child-friendly as possible. However, children are to be accompanied by an adult at all times especially while in the pool and outdoor areas.
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY
You must allow reasonable access to the property to the owner or a representative of deReday Holiday Homes. No advance notice needs to be given.
You cannot operate any musical instrument, speaker or similar instrument and make any noise which shall be so loud as to cause a nuisance to occupants of any premises in the neighbourhood. Breaching this condition may result in the automatic termination of your stay, forfeiture of the security deposit paid and no refund given. As with any resident of the island you have a responsibility towards upholding the tranquility of Gozo.
Final cleaning is included in the price, however, the kitchen along with the crockery and cutlery must be left clean and back in the correct place upon leaving the property. Furthermore, the guests are responsible to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. A minimum charge of at least €100.00 applies if the property is left in a very untidy state, complete disorder or any nuisance was caused during the stay.
We ensure that pools and jacuzzis are cleaned and chlorinated prior to your arrival and during your stay as necessary. We do not accept any responsibility if you misuse your pool or jacuzzi in any way during your stay. Access to our pool maintenance personnel must be given at all times.
BREACH OF CONDITIONS
The guest and other occupants understand that the security deposit held by deReday Holiday Homes may be forfeited in its entirety in favour of deReday Holiday Homes should any of the conditions in this agreement be breached by said guest and occupants.
Government Eco Tax
Environmental contribution of €0.50 per adult per night (up to a max of €5 per adult) is not included in your rental price, to be paid in cash locally during your stay.