VIEW MORE PHOTOS
LUNZJATA MAISONETTE | Fontana, Gozo
(with your own exclusive garden and pool)
“Hide amongst the trees, sip a cold drink in the cave or just marvel at the stunning view.”
The aptly named Lunzjata holiday home sits above its namesake valley popular with locals for its perpetual stream and greenery. The property forms part of a small complex of which Lunzjata is set on the ground floor, accessed, through a small number of steps. The entrance hall leads to the large open plan living area equipped with a large leather sofa, TV and stone fireplace. The dining table is just off the kitchen, which is equipped with everything you need for your holiday cooking and preparation. The large kitchen window conveniently overlooks the external dining area.
Off the living room, you will find four bedrooms (three double and one twin), all air-conditioned through a coin meter system and each with its own en-suite bathroom or shower. The limestone walls dug from local quarries are evident throughout the accommodation.
Externally is where this property excels. The garden and outdoor area you have exclusive access to are hard to come across. There are two external dining areas, one just off the kitchen and the other further down the garden under the gazebo, slightly more secluded. The first part of the garden and pool deck is directly overlooked by the neighbouring residence, since this is a maisonette-style property. However, the second part of the garden offers complete privacy.
Further down the garden, you will also find the fifth bedroom located in the annexe. The bedroom has its own en-suite shower and is also air-conditioned. Like the other bedrooms, this room is well-equipped but it’s recommended for the more adventurous in the group. The ceiling although not made of concrete still provides you with protection from the elements and the room may be slightly warmer than the rest but the air-conditioning will ensure a good night’s sleep.
From the garden, you will enjoy the most stunning views of Lunzjata valley as well as Xlendi valley. The sunsets will be magnificent and can be especially enjoyed sitting at the bar in the cave overlooking the pool. Football lovers will spend plenty of time competing at the table soccer provided in the same cave. The garden is nicely landscaped and the mature olive trees provide ample shade and privacy. There are some fantastic and quiet reading spots where you can relax with a good book and enjoy the calming atmosphere the garden provides.
YOUR OWN PRIVATE GARDEN
External (for your sole use)
Even though this accommodation is pet-friendly, kindly contact us prior to booking for further information.
The small village of Fontana, a village in its own right, is often considered as a suburb of Gozo’s main town, Victoria. It straddles the evergreen Lunzjata and Xlendi Valleys and at the very edge of the village you can still see two centuries-old wash houses. Its proximity to Victoria makes Fontana a very good base from where you can explore the whole island.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- To confirm your booking we ask for a non-refundable* deposit of 35%.
- The maximum number of guests is limited to the number of persons on your booking form/rental agreement.
- Check-in is at 16:00 and check-out is by 10:00. We try to be as flexible as possible with these times.
- Utilities such as water, electricity and gas are included. Air-conditioning may carry pay-per-use charges. Please see details in Property Features above.
- An Eco Tax of €0.50 per adult per night up to a maximum of €5 per adult is due.
- After making a booking, the guest will receive an email with a link to the Guest Area. This is a private log-in area, where the guest can view booking details, make balance payments and see pre-arrival information.
* Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are offering flexible Covid-related cancellation terms. Please see our full booking terms here.